Healthy Banana Bread with Nuts
What to do with those overripe bananas? 🍌 PLEASE don’t throw them away! You can make this easy and delicious Healthy Banana Bread with Nuts with very little effort!
I’ve been eyeing a batch of bananas on my counter for a few days, watching them ripen. I don’t like mushy bananas, do you? I knew I had to make this super Healthy Banana Bread ASAP!
Banana bread is one of those classic, all-American comfort food recipes that fills the whole house with the most amazing aromas! And then, when you bite into a slice it’s like pure heaven!
INGREDIENTS BANANA BREAD
- 100% whole wheat flour
- Coconut oil (so much healthier than butter!)
- Organic maple syrup
- Ripe bananas
- Skim milk
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
My hubby always buys too many bananas, and we never eat them all before they get overripe. Why waste? Either freeze them or make banana bread!
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BANANA BREAD EVER!
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the melted coconut oil and maple syrup together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and skim milk.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Using a large spoon, stir in the flour until just combined. Gently fold in the nuts.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before slicing.
Mash the ripe bananas until there are no more big chunks.
The banana bread mixture comes together quickly. You can even sprinkle extra cinnamon on top!
TIPS & TRICKS
- You can melt the coconut oil in a small glass bowl in the microwave, about 30 seconds. Keep whisking until ready to mix with the other ingredients.
- Use non-dairy milk to make it dairy-free.
- Use gluten-free flour to make this gluten-free.
- This banana bread can stay on your kitchen counter for a few days. Then you can freeze any leftovers for up to three months.